• <acronym id="jtgyt"><legend id="jtgyt"></legend></acronym>
    1. <b id="jtgyt"><ol id="jtgyt"></ol></b>
      1. <code id="jtgyt"></code>

        當前位置: 發現  >  雙語資訊  > 正文

        This was several years ago, but I remember this kindness very clearly.

        這是幾年前的事情了,但我還清晰的記得自己感受到的友善。

        I was at a Jiffy Lube one morning getting an oil change for my car,

        有天早上,我在汽車保養店里給車換機油

        and an older man with a heavy Southern drawl came in.

        一個老人走進店里,說話拖著深沉的南方長音。

        They were busy, so after ten minutes or so, he starts up small talk with me.

        店里的人很忙,大概十分鐘之后,他開始跟我閑聊起來

        I find out he's from Texas, traveling with a construction crew .

        我了解到,他來自德克薩斯州,跟一支施工隊一起來到這里

        jokingly say "You must make good money to drive that beautiful truck.

        我開玩笑道,“你開的卡車真漂亮,想來你一定收入不菲

        Tell me how to get in to the field!"

        “告訴我,怎么做才能走向成功?”

        He says yes, but it wasn't easy to get there.

        他說自己的收入確實還不錯,可是想要到這一步卻并非易事。

        I tell him I'm in my second year of teaching

        我告訴他,這是我教書生涯的第二年

        and haven't gotten there yet,

        我離人生成功還差得遠

        so if he needs some part-time help, I could use the work.

        所以,如果他需要兼職,我很愿意接活兒

        He genuinely looked heartbroken,

        老人臉上露出真誠的悲憫之色

        saying "You're teaching the next generation and you need another job?"

        他說,“你在教育我們的下一代,可你卻需要另一份工作,才能養活自己?”

        We keep talking, the mechanic pulls him away to get approval on some repairs.

        我們接著閑聊,店里的技工把老人叫過去,請他同意為他的車做一些修理

        A few moments later, the mechanics come get me

        過了一會兒,店里的技工朝我走過來

        and never asked for any approvals or pay on my vehicle.

        不過,他們沒有向我征求任何關于修理工作的同意,也沒有找我支付修理費

        I see the receipt , and my car had received a premium oil change, balance and rotation on my tires, a new filter, and a new battery.

        我看到了賬單,店里給我的車換上了優質的機油,為輪胎做了平衡和定位,換了一個新濾清器,還裝了新電池

        The services were not cheap.

        這套維護可不便宜。

        The older man smiles at me, gives me a hug, and says

        老人沖我微笑,給了我一個擁抱,然后說

        "My daughter is your age. “

        我女兒跟你差不多大,

        You're doing a good service and deserve a better wage.

        你所做的事情非常重要,你值得得到更高的報酬

        I just wanted to give you a little pick-me-up."

        我只是想給你一點小小的鼓勵

        文章來源:滬江英語

        圖片來源:高品圖像

        熱門推薦 換一換

        市場合作聯系

        聯系人靳華
        電話010-62927777-6236
        QQ24809762
        E-mailjinhua#wps.cn / jinhua#kingsoft.com

        廣告合作聯系

        聯系人蔡先生
        電話0756-3335688-2616
        QQ785649026
        E-mailcailong@kingsoft.com
        秒播影视午夜福利